Communications Research Guide
- Deets Library Catalog
- The call number section for books on Communication is P87 -P95.6. However, Communication is interdisciplinary and books and journals of interest can be found in many different parts of the library. These are some select topics of interest:
- HF5718-5735 Business Communication
- HD 30.3 Organizational Communication
- PN4699-5650 Journalism
- P90 Mass Media
- BF637 Nonverbal Communication
- HF5801-6182 Public Relations
- HM133 Small Group Communication
- Ebrary Communications eBooks
- Communication eBook Collection
- Credo Reference Communication eBooks
- Infotrac Communications and Mass Media Collection
- Provides current and accurate information in full-text from journals focused on all aspects of the communications field. Key subjects covered include: advertising and public relations, literature and writing, and linguistics.
- Contains almost 1,000 full-text journals spanning multiple disciplines. Some journals go to back to the mid-1800’s. There is a gap, typically from 1 to 5 years, between the most recently published journal issues and the issues available in JSTOR.
- Fact Check
- Monitors the factual accuracy of what is said by major U.S. political players in the form of TV ads, debates, speeches, interviews, and news releases.
- Project for Excellence in Journalism
- The Pew Research Center’s Project for Excellence in Journalism is dedicated to trying to understand the information revolution, specializing in using empirical methods to evaluate and study the performance of the press.