Education Research Guide
- The section of the Library Collection dealing with Education topics are usually found in the L section on the lower level. A simple outline of the topics:
- L — Education (General)
- LA — History of education
- LB — Theory and practice of education
- LC — Special aspects of education
- LT — Textbooks
Children’s books are located on the bottom shelves in the Murray Reference Room in Deets Library.
- Education Research Complete
- Definitive online resource for education research on all levels of education, educational specialties, and testing.
- Provides access to over 1 million journal articles and reports in education.
- ProQuest Education Journals
- Covers not only the literature on primary, secondary, and higher education but also special education, home schooling, adult education, and hundreds of related topics.
- ProQuest Dissertations & Theses: The Humanities and Social Sciences Collection
- Dissertations and theses published in the humanities and social sciences from around the world.
- Professional Development Collection
- Designed for professional educators, this database provides a highly specialized collection of quality education journals.
- Teacher Reference Center
- Most popular teacher and administrator journals and magazines to assist professional educators.
- Educator’s Reference Complete
- Content focuses on education related topics with majority of titles found in ERIC.
- Opposing Viewpoints Education Topic Page
- Features education viewpoint articles, statistics, primary source documents, and other resources.
- U.S. Department of Education
- 50 States’ Certification Requirements
- Maintained by the University of Kentucky College of Education
- Education World
- Provides lesson plans, practical information for educators, information on how to integrate technology in the classroom, and articles written by education experts.
- Teaching Channel
- A video showcase of teaching in action (includes lesson plans, worksheets, and/or standards).