English and Literature Research Guide
The section of the Library Collection dealing with Language and Literature topics are usually found in the P section on the 2nd floor. A simple outline of the topics:
- PN — General Literature
- PL — Asian and African Language and Literature
- PQ — French, Italian, & Spanish Literature
- PR — English Literature
- PS — American Literature
- Ebrary Language and Literature eBooks
- Literature eBook Collection
- Credo Reference Literature
- Johns Hopkins Guide to Literary Theory and Criticism
- Presents a comprehensive historical survey of the field’s most important figures, schools, and movements. It includes more than 240 alphabetically arranged entries on critics and theorists, critical schools and movements, and the critical and theoretical innovations of specific countries and historical periods.
- MLA International Bibliography
- Detailed bibliography of journal articles, books, and dissertations on language and literature. Does not include full-text.
- LION – Literature Online
- Search works of English and American poetry, drama, and prose and full-text literature journals
- Literary Reference Center
- Combines information from major respected reference works, books, literary journals.
- Archived articles are from scholarly journals in political science, history, philosophy, mathematics, business, art, literature, language, music, religion, etc.
- Chadwyck-Healey Literature Collection
- Various sources with full text focusing on poetry, drama, and prose.
- Opposing Viewpoints in Context
- Opposing Viewpoints in Context is the premier online resource covering the hottest social issues, from Terrorism to Endangered Species to Gun Control.
- African American Women Writers of the 19th Century
- Romantic Circles
- Contemporary Postcolonial & Postimperial Literature in English
- English Renaissance
- First World War Poetry digital archive
- Repository of texts, podcasts, videos, interviews and other primary source material for the works of British poets during the World War One.
- Internet Medieval Sourcebook
- Labyrinth: Resources for Medieval Studies
- Organized portal to a range of electronic resources in mediaeval studies, including databases, services, texts, and images. Also includes patristic, liturgical, and grammatical texts of interest to classicists. Hosted at Georgetown University.
- Online Literary Criticism Collection
- British Women Romantic Poets, 1789-1832
- TEAMS Middle English Text
- Women Romantic-era Writers
- Literary Resources on the Net
- Victorian Women Writers Project
- Scholarly Resources for Victorian Research
- Victorian Web
- Victorian Web Sites