Healthcare and Nursing Resource Guide
Healthcare and Nursing Search
- Deets Library Catalog
- The section of the Library Collection dealing with Healthcare and Nursing topics are usually found in subclass R on the 2nd floor. A simple outline of the topics in this section:
- RB — Pathology
- RJ — Pediatrics
- RT — Nursing
- Please note that the most current books on this topic are eBooks.
- The authoritative resource for nursing and allied health professionals, students, educators and researchers.
- ProQuest Nursing & Allied Health Source
- Provides reliable healthcare information covering nursing, allied health, etc.
- ProQuest Health Management
- Designed to meet the needs of researchers studying the field of health administration.
- ProQuest Health & Medical Complete
- Cover all major clinical and healthcare disciplines, including medical sciences, immunology, pharmacy and pharmacology, nursing, physical fitness and hygiene, surgery, and others.
- ProQuest Family Health
- Covers an enormous range of subjects of value in the public library context – from sports injuries to women’s health, from food and nutrition to midwifery, from eye care to dentistry.
- Provides authoritative medical information on medicine, nursing, dentistry, veterinary medicine, the health care system, pre-clinical sciences, and much more.
- Pharmaceutical News Index
- Gives researchers access to the latest information on medical technology, research, and legislative developments.
- Health Reference Center Academic
- Access full text nursing and allied health journals plus reference books.
- Health Source – Nursing/Academic Edition
- This database provides nearly 550 scholarly full text journals focusing on many medical disciplines. Health Source: Nursing/Academic Edition also features the Lexi-PAL Drug Guide, which covers 1,300 generic drug patient education sheets with more than 4,700 brand names.
- Health Source – Consumer Edition
- Consumer health information that provides information on many health topics including the medical sciences, food sciences and nutrition, childcare, sports medicine and general health.
- Health & Wellness Resource Center and Alternative Health Module
- Provides instant access to carefully compiled and trusted medical reference materials.
- Consumer Health Complete
- A comprehensive resource for consumer-oriented health content. It is designed to support patients’ information needs and foster an overall understanding of health-related topics.
- Alt HealthWatch
- Focuses on the many perspectives of complementary, holistic and integrated approaches to health care and wellness.
- A unique collection of medical research and investigatory journals from renowned Latin American and Spanish publishers. This Spanish language database contains full text for 130 peer-reviewed medical journals in native Spanish.
- Medline Plus
- Gray’s Anatomy of the Human Body
- United States National Library of Medicine
History of Medicine
Human Genome Resources
Environmental Health and Toxicology
Health Services Research & Public Health Information Programs
Household Products Database
- American Nurses Association
- National Student Nurses’ Association