History Research Guide
- Deets Library Catalog
- The sections of the library collection dealing with History topics begin with C-F. They are as follows:
- C — Auxiliary Sciences of History (archeology, biography, etc.)
- D — World History (except for American History)
- E — American History
- F — Local History of the United States and British, Dutch, French, and Latin America
- F676-690 — Kansas History
- European Views of the Americas: 1493 to 1750
- A comprehensive guide to printed records about the Americas written in Europe before 1750. It covers the history of European exploration as well as portrayals of Native American peoples.
- History Reference Center
- A full-text history reference database featuring reference books, encyclopedias, non-fiction books, and history periodicals as well as thousands of historical documents, biographies of historical figures, photos, maps, and over 80 hours of historical video.
- Includes – Journal of American History (1914-2004), American Historical Review (1895-2010), and over 200 more history journals
- Kansas History, Territorial through Civil War Years, 1854-1865
- Writings about Kansas history by those who lived it.
- ProQuest Historical Newspapers: New York Times
- Full-text articles from the New York times ranging from 1851 to 2003. Search full page and article images from every page and every available issue.
- ProQuest Dissertations & Theses: The Humanities and Social Sciences Collection
- Full-text dissertations and theses published in the humanities and social sciences from around the world.
- Library of Congress American Memory Collection
- Provides free and open access to written and spoken words, sound recordings, still and moving images, prints, maps, and sheet music that document the American experience.
- Founders Online
- Provides free and open access to correspondence and other writings of six major shapers of the United States: George Washington, Benjamin Franklin, John Adams (and family), Thomas Jefferson, Alexander Hamilton, and James Madison. Over 175,000 searchable documents, fully annotated, from the authoritative Founding Fathers Papers projects.
- Discovering American Women’s History Online
- This database provides access to digital collections of primary sources (photos, letters, diaries, artifacts, etc.) that document the history of women in the United States.
- The War of the Rebellion: Original Records of the Civil War
- Provdes free and open access to a compilation of the official records of the Union and Confederate armies.
- Kansas Memory Project
- Online database contains letters, diaries, photographs, government records from the State Archives, maps, museum artifacts, and historic structures in Kansas.