Leadership Research Guide
- Deets Library Catalog
- The library collections dealing with leadership topics may be found is various sections of the collection. Some may be classified in the following Library of Congress call numbers.
- BF Psychology
- BV Practical theology
- HD Economic history and conditions
- HM Sociology (General)
- JC Political theory
- LB Theory and practice of education
- RT Nursing
Leadership studies is a multidisciplinary field of study, which means it spans several traditional areas of scholarship. Therefore, articles about leadership may be found in many library databases. When beginning your research, a sound search strategy would be to determine what area of leadership is of interest to you. This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list, but to encourage you to search various databases.
- Academic Search Premier
- Full text coverage in various disciplines.
- Power Search
- Peer-reviewed, full-text articles from the world’s leading journals and reference sources for a variety of topics.
Leadership in Business
- ABI/INFORM Complete
- Information on companies, markets, human resources, management, product development, and trade news.
- Business Source Premier
- Covers all disciplines of business such as marketing, management, MIS, POM, accounting, finance, and economics. It has market research papers, industry reports, country reports, company profiles, and SWOT analyses.
Leadership in Healthcare
- Health Source
- This database provides nearly 550 scholarly full text journals focusing on many medical disciplines.
Leadership in Education
- Professional Development Collection
- Designed for professional educators, this database provides a highly specialized collection of nearly 520 high quality education journals, including more than 350 peer-reviewed titles.
- Leadership at Psychology Today: http://www.psychologytoday.com/basics/leadership
- Mindtools: http://www.mindtools.com/pages/main/newMN_LDR.htm
- The Performance Juxtaposition Site: http://www.nwlink.com/~donclark/index.html
- The American Scholar: http://theamericanscholar.org/solitude-and-leadership/#.U_YetMVdVbI