Security and Safety Research GuideResources for Criminal Justice, Security Management, and Military Science
- Deets Library Catalog
- The library section HV deals with Social Pathology, Social and Public Welfare, and Criminology. Section K has legal resources.
- HV 6001-7220.5 Criminology
- HV 7231-9960 Criminal Justice Administration
- KF — United States Law
- Criminal Justice Periodicals Index
- Collection of U.S. and international criminal justice journals. Covers topics in criminal justice, law enforcement, corrections administration, drug enforcement, rehabilitation, family law and industrial security.
- Legal Collection
- An authoritative source for information on current issues, studies, thoughts and trends of the legal world.
- Military & Government Collection
- Designed to offer current news pertaining to all branches of the military and government, this database offers a thorough collection of periodicals, academic journals, and other content pertinent to the increasing needs of those sites.
- ProQuest Military Collection
- Covers topics across all government and military branches, including international relations, political science, criminology, defense, aeronautics and space flight, communications, civil engineering, and more.
- Military, Government & Defense (NewsBank)
- Includes Air Force Times, Army Times, Marine Corps Times, Navy Times, Armed Force Journal, etc.
- Premier database in the field of psychology.
- PILOTS – Published International Literature on Traumatic Stress
- Free resource produced at National Center for Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder and sponsored by U.S. Department of Veterans affairs.
- United States Department of Justice
- National Criminal Justice Reference Service
- Office of Justice Programs
- Criminal Justice Statistics
- FBI Uniform Crime Reports
- The Department of Defense
- The official web site for the Department of Defense and the starting point for finding U.S. military information online. News, images, video, publications, etc. You can link to the individual branches, or, go directly there: Army, Navy, Air Force, and the Marines. Also, the Army National Guard and the Army Reserve.
- U.S. Army War College
- The links off this page include the Strategic Studies Institute (SSI), the Center for Strategic Leadership, and the Military History Institute. Publications, photographs, archival materials, etc. are accessible.
- Defense Technical Information Center (DTIC)
- Search scientific, technical, engineering, and business related information. Members of the military can register and have access to more resources.
- History of War
- Covers wars, batties, biographies, and weapons from Greco-Roman times to Gulf War I.