Social Sciences Research Guide
Social Sciences Search
- Materials in the Library Collection dealing with Social Science topics are usually found in the H section on the lower level. A simple outline of the topics:
- H — Social Sciences (General)
- HB — Economic Theory
- HM — Sociology (General)
- HQ — The Family
- HT — Community, Classes, and Races
- ProQuest Social Science Journals
- Covers core disciplines across the social sciences including sociology, social work, anthropology, politics and other areas.
- Archived articles are from scholarly journals in political science, history, philosophy, mathematics, business, art, literature, language, music, religion, etc.
- Contains citations and summaries of scholarly journal articles, book chapters, books, and dissertations, all in psychology and related disciplines.
- Psychology and Behavioral Sciences Collection
- A comprehensive database covering information concerning topics in emotional and behavioral characteristics, psychiatry & psychology, mental processes, anthropology, and observational & experimental methods.
- ProQuest Dissertations & Theses: The Humanities and Social Sciences Collection
- Dissertations and theses published in the humanities and social sciences from around the world.
- Access World News
- This comprehensive news collection is ideal for exploring issues and events at the local, regional, national and international level. Use it to explore a specific event or to compare a wide variety of viewpoints on topics such as politics, business, health, sports, cultural activities, and people. Content is easily searched and sorted through an intuitive, map-based interface.
- American Enterprise Institute for public policy research
- Brookings Institution Papers
- The Brookings Institution is a nonprofit public policy organization based in Washington, DC.
- European Union Gateway
- EUROPA is the portal site of the European Union
- Human Rights Watch
- Institute for Quantitative Social Science
- Statistical and analytical tools for the social and health sciences